New Hampshire’s Recovery Housing Program
The Recovery Housing Program is a pilot program deploying federal resources in New Hampshire to provide stable, temporary housing to individuals in recovery from a substance use disorder.
The New Hampshire Community Development Finance Authority (CDFA) will administer the Recovery Housing Program which was authorized via the federal Substance Use-Disorder Prevention that Promotes Opioid Recovery and Treatment (SUPPORT) for Patients and Communities Act of 2018.
The deadline for the initial round of Recovery Housing Program applications is 4:00 PM on December 19, 2022. Applications will then be accepted on a rolling basis until funds are expended.
Recovery Housing Program Resources
The following informational resources are available for municipalities and nonprofits considering a Recovery Housing Program application.
- Recovery Housing Program Overview;
- Recovery Housing Program Application & Program Guide;
- Recovery Housing Program Application Outline;
- Recovery Housing Program Application Workshop Webinar Recording;
- Recovery Housing Program Application Workshop Presentation;
- Recovery Housing Program Action Plan.
2023 Recovery Housing Action Plan Amendment and Public Hearing
CDFA has drafted an amendment to the current Action Plan for New Hampshire’s Pilot Program to Help Individuals in Recovery from Substance Use Disorder Become Stably Housed, or Recovery Housing Program. The Recovery Housing Program was authorized under Section 8071 of the SUPPORT for Patients and Communities Act (SUPPORT Act). The amendment will allow for the acceptance of the FY 2023 allocation from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
CDFA, which administers that state Recovery Housing Program, is soliciting comments on the draft amended Action Plan, from September 7 through October 7, 2023. The 2023 Draft Action Plan for the Recovery Housing Program is available here. Printed copies are available upon request to members of the general public lacking internet access.
The Public Hearing will be held on September 7, 2023 at 1:30 PM at NH Community Development Finance Authority’s offices, located at 14 Dixon Avenue, Suite 102, Concord, NH 03301.
In addition to the general public, stakeholders, including agencies, units of government, and other interested parties are encouraged to invite clients and beneficiaries to participate in the public hearing and to comment on the amended 2023 Recovery Housing Program Action Plan. Written comments may be submitted via email through October 7 to email@example.com.
Community Development Block Grant CARES Act Funds
Through the CARES Act, the State of New Hampshire was allocated approximately $14.3 million to be deployed under the Community Development Block Grant program to respond to the Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19). These funds, known as CDBG-CV(1), are to be used specifically for the prevention of, preparation for, and response to COVID-19. Based on CDFA’s assessment of community needs and broad public input from various stakeholders, CDBG-CV funds will be deployed in accordance to the CDBG Application and Program Guide.
- CDFA Circular 2021-01: Public Services Emergency Subsistence Payments
- CDFA Circular 2020-07: Guidance for Public Service Grants using CDBG-CV Funds
- Evaluation Criteria for CDBG-CV Public Service Applications
- CDBG-CV Frequently Asked Questions (updated August 5)
- Instructions for CDBG-CV Nonprofit Subrecipients
- 2020 CDBG and CDBG-CV Priority Investment Areas Overview
- Guidance on how to conduct a Community Needs Assessment
- Presentation from the CDBG-CV Public Services Application Workshop on July 20, 2020 and full webinar recording
- Presentation from the CDBG-CV Public Services Informational Workshop on June 29, 2020
- Presentation from the CDBG-CV Informational Workshop on May 21, 2020
CDBG-CV(1) Public Services Application Materials
Municipalities applying for CDBG-CV Public Services funds will need to review and/or complete the following for their application. Applications are completed and submitted via CDFA’s Grants Management System (www.nhcdfagrants.org).
CDBG-CV(1) Microenterprise Direct Grant Program Materials
- CDBG-CV Microenterprise CDBG-CV Circular
- CDBG-CV Microenterprise CDBG-CV Presentation
- CDBG-CV Microenterprise Frequently Asked Questions
- CDBG-CV Microenterprise Claim Process
CDBG-CV Duplication of Benefit Materials