CDFA staff provide applicants technical assistance to support the successful completion of their projects, including guidance on program objectives and how to successfully complete an application for funding. Technical assistance is provided in workshops (link to events page), trainings, and pre-application meetings.
If you are interested in scheduling a pre-application meeting, please contact the program director or call CDFA at 603-226-2170.
All applications must be completed and submitted on CDFA’s Grants Management System (www.nhcdfagrants.org). Program applications require details on the specific project and to what extent it aligns with the program objectives. An outline of an application for this program can be found in the How to Apply section.
To provide feedback on the program, email email@example.com.
CDBG Application Workshop – May 20, 2021
CDFA conducted a virtual workshop for organizations interested in applying for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds or learning more about the program. Topics covered include: an overview of the Community Development Block Grant Program, CDBG-CV funding for Housing & Public Facilities, eligible applicants and activities, threshold requirements, updated evaluation and scoring criteria. Materials available include:
Community Development Block Grant CARES Act Funds
Through the CARES Act, the State of New Hampshire was allocated approximately $5.4 million to be deployed under the Community Development Block Grant program to respond to the Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19). These funds, known as CDBG-CV(1), are to be used specifically for the prevention of, preparation for, and response to COVID-19. Based on CDFA’s assessment of community needs and broad public input from various stakeholders, CDBG-CV(1) funds will be deployed as follows:
- Public Services: Municipalities can access approximately $3.7 million in CDBG-CV(1) funds to support eligible Public Services. High-priority services include childcare, food banks, legal services, as well as health, mental health and substance abuse services, among others. New Hampshire counties, cities and towns can sub-grant these funds to eligible nonprofits serving their communities. The CDBG-CV(1) Public Service application is available via CDFA’s Grants Management System (www.nhcdfagrants.org). The deadline to submit applications is Friday, September 25, 2020 at 4:00 PM.
- Microenterprise Technical Assistance: An allocation of up to $850,000 will be dedicated to augmenting the existing Microenterprise Technical Assistance Program to provide eligible New Hampshire microenterprises with direct grants up to $2,500. For additional information, contact Kevin Peterson, Director of Economic Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Economic Development: Up to $500,000 in funds will be used to support other economic development needs in 2021. Additional program guidance on the use of these funds will be forthcoming.
- Emergency Housing and Public Facilities: Housing and Public Facilities projects that clearly demonstrate consistency with the directive of the CARES Act to prepare for, respond to or recover from the COVID-19 pandemic; and, which also meet CDFA’s CDBG Emergency Program criteria may be submitted through the CDBG Emergency Program application process. Applicants with potential projects must contact CDFA for a pre-application meeting to determine if the proposed project meets the criteria. Additional information is available here.
CDBG-CV(1) Public Services Resources
The following informational resources are available for municipalities and nonprofits considering a CDBG-CV(1) Public Services application.
- CDFA Circular 2021-01: Public Services Emergency Subsistence Payments
- CDFA Circular 2020-07: Guidance for Public Service Grants using CDBG-CV Funds
- Evaluation Criteria for CDBG-CV Public Service Applications
- CDBG-CV Frequently Asked Questions (updated August 5)
- Instructions for CDBG-CV Nonprofit Subrecipients
- 2020 CDBG and CDBG-CV Priority Investment Areas Overview
- Guidance on how to conduct a Community Needs Assessment
- Presentation from the CDBG-CV Public Services Application Workshop on July 20, 2020 and full webinar recording
- Presentation from the CDBG-CV Public Services Informational Workshop on June 29, 2020
- Presentation from the CDBG-CV Informational Workshop on May 21, 2020
CDBG-CV(1) Public Services Application Materials
Municipalities applying for CDBG-CV Public Services funds will need to review and/or complete the following for their application. Applications are completed and submitted via CDFA’s Grants Management System (www.nhcdfagrants.org).
CDBG-CV(1) Microenterprise Direct Grant Program Materials
- CDBG-CV Microenterprise CDBG-CV Circular
- CDBG-CV Microenterprise CDBG-CV Presentation
- CDBG-CV Microenterprise Frequently Asked Questions
- CDBG-CV Microenterprise Claim Process
CDBG-CV Duplication of Benefit Materials
- Duplication of Benefits Policy
- Duplication of Benefits Worksheet
- Duplication of Benefits – CARES Act Programs Overview
- Duplication of Benefits Webinar Presentation
- Duplication of Benefits Webinar Recording
Additional Materials for CDBG Applicants
Applicants for all CDBG funds will find additional program guidance, economic development documents and income surveys below.
Circular 2020 – 04: CDBG Emergency Application Determination
Circular 2020-07: Guidance for Public Service Grants using CDBG-CV Funds
Circular 2021-02: Amendment to the 2018-02 Circular regarding New Housing Construction
Attachment A – Personal Financial Statement
Attachment B – Credit indicator checklist
CDBG ED Minimum Underwriting Standards
2021 Income Surveys
HUD Income Limits: NH Municipal Designations
Belknap County 2021 Income Survey
Carroll County 2021 Income Survey
Cheshire County 2021 Income Survey
Coos County 2021 Income Survey
Grafton County 2021 Income Survey
Hillsborough County 2021 Income Survey
Merrimack County 2021 Income Survey
Western Rockingham County 2021 Income Survey
Sullivan County 2021 Income Survey
Manchester 2021 Income Survey
Nashua 2021 Income Survey
Portsmouth-Rochester Area 2021 Income Survey
Boston/Cambridge/Quincy 2021 Income Survey
Lawrence, MA-NH 2021 Income Survey