CDFA staff provide applicants technical assistance to support the successful completion of their projects, including guidance on program objectives and how to successfully complete an application for funding. Technical assistance is provided in workshops (link to events page), trainings, and pre-application meetings.
If you are interested in scheduling a pre-application meeting, please contact the program director or call CDFA at 603-226-2170.
All applications must be completed and submitted on CDFA’s Grants Management System (www.nhcdfagrants.org). Program applications require details on the specific project and to what extent it aligns with the program objectives. An outline of an application for this program can be found in the How to Apply section.
Download the CDFA CDBG 2021 Application and Program Guide.
Additional information on using CDFA’s Grants Management System can be found here.
To provide feedback on the program, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Development Block Grant Funds
There are upcoming funding opportunities, see the Application and Program Guide for deadlines and information.
CDFA conducted a virtual workshop for organizations interested in applying for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds or learning more about the program. Topics covered include: an overview of the Community Development Block Grant Program, CDBG-CV funding for Housing & Public Facilities, eligible applicants and activities, threshold requirements, updated evaluation and scoring criteria. Materials available include:
Community Development Block Grant CARES Act Funds
Through the CARES Act, the State of New Hampshire was allocated approximately $14.3 million to be deployed under the Community Development Block Grant program to respond to the Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19). These funds, known as CDBG-CV(1), are to be used specifically for the prevention of, preparation for, and response to COVID-19. Based on CDFA’s assessment of community needs and broad public input from various stakeholders, CDBG-CV funds will be deployed in accordance to the CDBG Application and Program Guide.
CDBG-CV(1) Public Services Resources
The following informational resources are available for municipalities and nonprofits considering a CDBG-CV(1) Public Services application.
- CDFA Circular 2021-01: Public Services Emergency Subsistence Payments
- CDFA Circular 2020-07: Guidance for Public Service Grants using CDBG-CV Funds
- Evaluation Criteria for CDBG-CV Public Service Applications
- CDBG-CV Frequently Asked Questions (updated August 5)
- Instructions for CDBG-CV Nonprofit Subrecipients
- 2020 CDBG and CDBG-CV Priority Investment Areas Overview
- Guidance on how to conduct a Community Needs Assessment
- Presentation from the CDBG-CV Public Services Application Workshop on July 20, 2020 and full webinar recording
- Presentation from the CDBG-CV Public Services Informational Workshop on June 29, 2020
- Presentation from the CDBG-CV Informational Workshop on May 21, 2020
CDBG-CV(1) Public Services Application Materials
Municipalities applying for CDBG-CV Public Services funds will need to review and/or complete the following for their application. Applications are completed and submitted via CDFA’s Grants Management System (www.nhcdfagrants.org).
CDBG-CV(1) Microenterprise Direct Grant Program Materials
- CDBG-CV Microenterprise CDBG-CV Circular
- CDBG-CV Microenterprise CDBG-CV Presentation
- CDBG-CV Microenterprise Frequently Asked Questions
- CDBG-CV Microenterprise Claim Process
CDBG-CV Duplication of Benefit Materials
- Duplication of Benefits Policy
- Duplication of Benefits Worksheet
- Duplication of Benefits – CARES Act Programs Overview
- Duplication of Benefits Webinar Presentation
- Duplication of Benefits Webinar Recording
Additional Materials for CDBG Applicants
Applicants for all CDBG funds will find additional program guidance, economic development documents and income surveys below.
Circular 2020 – 04: CDBG Emergency Application Determination
Circular 2020-07: Guidance for Public Service Grants using CDBG-CV Funds
Circular 2021-02: Amendment to the 2018-02 Circular regarding New Housing Construction
Attachment A – Personal Financial Statement
Attachment B – Credit indicator checklist
CDBG ED Minimum Underwriting Standards
EDE Underwriting Summary
2021 Income Surveys
HUD Income Limits: NH Municipal Designations
Belknap County 2021 Income Survey
Carroll County 2021 Income Survey
Cheshire County 2021 Income Survey
Coos County 2021 Income Survey
Grafton County 2021 Income Survey
Hillsborough County 2021 Income Survey
Merrimack County 2021 Income Survey
Western Rockingham County 2021 Income Survey
Sullivan County 2021 Income Survey
Manchester 2021 Income Survey
Nashua 2021 Income Survey
Portsmouth-Rochester Area 2021 Income Survey
Boston/Cambridge/Quincy 2021 Income Survey
Lawrence, MA-NH 2021 Income Survey