Program Overview & Objectives
This program is part of CDFA’s Clean Energy Fund, which provides low-interest loans along with energy technical assistance and project funding guidance to NH businesses, non-profits and municipalities for energy efficiency and renewable energy projects.
Funding for the program comes from a USDA Rural Energy for America (REAP) grant as well as support from the four NH utilities (Eversource, Liberty Utilities, Unitil, and NHEC).
- Provide access for New Hampshire businesses to reduced cost energy audits in order to guide implementation of comprehensive energy efficiency and renewable energy installations that:
a. Reduce operating costs
b. Reduce energy use and related environmental impacts
c. Improve non-energy benefits including: Building durability, occupant comfort and safety, and workplace productivity;
- Provide technical assistance to prospective applicants as well as to contractors and partners including in the early stages of a project;
- Coordinate with contractors, utilities and other partners to identify projects that might benefit from a broader assessment of energy opportunities;
- Inform applicants about financial and technical resources from CDFA and other entities and specifically USDA’s Rural Energy for America Program Renewable Energy Systems & Energy Efficiency Improvement Loans & Grants.
- Inform prospects of CDFA’s other programs about energy opportunities related to their proposed projects.